Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Willem

What we know about Willem ~
  • He has a beautiful smile.
  • He has a giggle we have to work to get, but just bubbles out when it comes and is so cute!
  • He hasn't cried much, but when he does he has the softest saddest sounding cry.
  • He is bigger than I thought he'd be.
  • He loves his big sister, Meikiina.
  • He loves being in the bathtub.
  • He loves his stacking cups.
  • He loves to 'draw'.
  • He uses his left hand most, but also uses his right hand some for both eating and drawing.
  • He does love noodles!
  • He does not like pizza!
  • He does love Congee
  • He does not like ice cream!
  • He does love yogurt.
  • He does not like bacon.
  • He does love watermelon!
  • He does not like being told 'no'.
    • None of these is surprising to me :)
Some miscellaneous pictures.  And remember if you want to look at the pictures larger you should be able to enlarge them if you click on them.
Brynlee - Here's our first airplane.

In the lobby of our hotel in Beijing in the evenings.


These 2 are outside our hotel window here in Nanjing.
The contrast - the new and the old.

And last, but certainly not least!
 In the bathtub his first day with us. He loves baths!
At breakfast.  He loves to spear his food. I thought maybe he wanted chopsticks, but he seems not to know what do do with them.  I think it's just a boy thing.

Next post about Nanjing.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

He's adorable! We can't wait to see you soon. Two days until Guangzhou!

Heather said...

That bathtub picture is amazing...his face...so precious!

See you soon...can't wait!

Heather

Joni said...

Goodness, you have a darling son!! So fun to hear that he's really taken to Meikiina- I'm sure she's loving that! He has two great big sisters!!

By the way - that was super interesting about the Amish couple adopting, too! I try visualize some little Chinese Amish kids ... I can't really, because I know so little about the Amish. But I'm sure it was fun to see and visit with them!

Maybe we'll connect today on Skype ... let's see. Today is going to be a big baking day for us! :)

J Kallinen said...

He has such of an adorable little smile ... LOVE it! It makes me smile just looking at these pictures. Thanks again for sharing!!!!

Darla said...

Thanks for posting! This has become my morning ritual, get up, get kids up, eat, and sit down to check for updates! Such neat pictures..I love seeing the scenery pictures to see what differences there are in buildings, people, etc, and especially love seeing the pictures of Willem with you guys or of his first experiences with you.. So wonderful!