Saturday, March 24, 2012

Trip and Beijing

Well, we got on our way early Thursday morning. It was sad leaving Bee at the airport, but she'll be ok.

It was a long trip, but we made it to Beijing.  We were in economy class of course, but they didn't have our seats assigned for Mpls to Chicago, and had us sitting way apart from each other on the Chicago to Beijing flight.  I didn't want that so when I had them assign our seats in Mpls I asked if they could get us closer together on the Chicago to Beijing flight.  She got us seats one in front of the other, and I didn't realize until into the flight that they had moved us into economy plus!  That  gave us more leg room, which was very welcome! I sat between a mom and her son.  They were on a class trip with a bunch of other families but didn't want to sit in the economy seats so upgraded and she said they paid over $300 to upgrade.

Like I said it's a very long flight - 13 hours and 40 minutes long.  It was pretty uneventful tho until the very end.  As we were descending, the boy who I was sitting next to decided that he had enough and threw up all down the side of me - my shirt, my pants, my shoe...  His mom felt so bad!

Our wonderful guide Greece met us at the airport and we got to the hotel and got into our room maybe by 6:00.  Mei fell asleep right away.  I stayed up for a bit to see if I could get the computer to work, exchanged some money, took a shower and then went to sleep.  I woke up several times, but slept pretty good.  Mei woke up about 3:30 and was hungry so we got her a snack and I fell asleep again.  I don't think she slept much after that.

This morning we had breakfast at the buffet.  They always have such a yummy breakfast buffet where ever we stay. Then by 9:00 we were off to the Great Wall.  We went to the Mutianyu section.  This section you take a cable car up to the wall.  We walked 2 different ways on it. After the Great Wall adventure and on our way back, we went to a restaurant for lunch and toured a Cloisonne work area.  We then went to a Acrobat show.  They are amazing!

Well, I have to pack up tonight as we are off at 8:30 tomorrow morning to see Forbidden City and do a Hutong tour and then off to the airport.  It was a flying trip through Beijing, but we'll see alot.










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it there. I love your pictures of the city and of course of both of you over there. It will be fun to keep up with your travels and meeting up with Willem! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Joni said...

Yes, nice to get an update! :) I also feel for Bee - but as you said, she'll be okay. And, I'm so excited for M, that she is there with you! Fun to see the pictures, and can't wait till we see pics when you've met your darling little prince!

Mike and Kathy Perry said...

Yes...the grueling flight to Beijing! Glad you have that behind you! Can't wait to see your little Huai'an guy in your arms on Monday, which happens to be my birthday!

Tonya M. said...

You made it!! Not much longer now till you have your little boy with you.