Moat around the Forbidden City
Rub the gold knobs for good luck. I did! :)
Man-made river inside the Forbidden City, in case of fire.
This fills up with water in case of fire.
In the winter there are fires built underneath to keep the water from freezing.
The Emperor's Desk and chair in his study.
Stone brought in from Jiangxi province (where Bee is from).
This tree is over 300 years old.
The hill in the background was built from the dirt dug out by making the moats.
Last trip to Forbidden City I climbed up to the top there.
Hutong Tour
In the Rickshaw.
The door I talked about in the prior post.
The family's birds. They spoke 'in Chinese:)'.
Inside the home.
Our Hutong guide.
The parent's bed.
Entrance to the home.
Playing in the courtyard.
In the restaurant.
1 comment:
So many familiar places. Of these places, we only went to the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. So many woderful memories. Now I can't wait to see pictures of your "Gotcha Day" <3 Sure love getting updates on here!!!!
Post a Comment