Thursday, March 15, 2012

Itinerary

Here is the much awaited for itinerary.  China, here we come!  7 more days!

March 22 - 7:32 am flight leaves Mpls
March 23 - 3:40 pm flight arrives in Beijing
     Staying at Jianguo Garden Hotel.
     Hotel is on a walking street so if not too tired can do some shopping.
March 24 - Mu Tian Yu Greatwall (Cable Car)
     Lunch included
     Evening - Acrobat Show
March 25 - Hu Tong Tour and Forbidden City.
     Lunch included
     3:50 pm flight leaves from Beijing to NanJing
March 26 - WILLEM DAY! Staying at Holiday Inn Aqua
March 27 - Adoption registration, notary, and apply for Willem's passport.
March 28 - Free day - This is the day I would be able to go to the SWI.
     This will be arranged once we are there and see how Willem is.
     It is a 3 hour trip to SWI.  I am planning that it will happen, but...
March 29 - Tour to Xuan Wu Lake.
March 30 - Pick up passport in the afternoon.
     6:10 pm flight leaves from NanJing
     8:25 pm flight arrives in Guangzhou
     Arrive at Holiday Inn Shifu in Guangzhou
March 31 - Medical and TB test.
April 1 - Pearl River Dinner Cruise.
April 2 - Check TB result.
April 3 - Visa appointment at 10:00. Swearing in at the consulate.
April 4 - Safari Park.
April 5 - Get visa in the afternoon.
April 6 - 10:00 am flight leaves Guangzhou.
               4:30 pm arrive in Chicago
                    Go through customs here and Willem becomes a US citizen!
               8:26 pm flight arrives in Mpls.

So there you have it.

Because there is a holiday in there we get to spend a bit of extra time in Guangzhou.  I really enjoyed staying on Shamian Island my other trips but with the White Swan closed and the consulate and the medical building moved they preferred that we not stay there this time.  It is within (kinda long) walking distance of the Shifu where we are staying so I will walk over there in some of the free time and do some shopping there for old times sake.  I really like the small shops there. And there's a park there that the kids can play at too.

What ever we do, I know that we will have a memorable time there.  And we will come back with the best gift all - the gift of another child in our family.

2 comments:

Joni said...

Fun, FUN!!! Can't wait to get updates as you're experiencing the itinerary!

Darla said...

Oh I am just so excited! How fun to know your itinerary, to kind of picture what you will be doing while you are there! Can't wait to hear more!