Monday, March 26, 2012

We Got Him!

I won't blog right now, cuz I know none of you would read it anyway:)
You would skip right over it and go to the pictures.
So here they are!
We went to the Civil Affairs Office in Nanjing to meet the orphanage officials and Willem.

 Here's our first glimpse of  Willem as they are walking through the parking lot.
 Here they come in.
 Willem with the orphanage doctor.
 Hi sweet baby!
 He's Big!
 Hmmm..... I want the truck, but do I dare take it?
So scared!  But so brave!
 Hugs...
 ... and kisses.
 Wow! He's finally in my arms!
That's one happy mama!
 Paperwork.
 Didi and Jie Jie
(Little Brother and Big Sister)
 Off to get something to eat.  Still a bit cautious. 
 The first giggles!
 Look at that grin!
And he's out!

12 comments:

J Kallinen said...

Oh Kristin - I'm speechless! He's just sooooo adorably cute!!! You all look soooo happy to be together! I absolutely LOVE these pictures! Can't wait 'til the day that we can meet him! Every time Trena sees his picture, she says "that's my cousin!" ... so cute. Hope the rest of your time goes well!

Joni said...

Aaawww ... soooo fun to see the pictures! He's a great addition to your family, and to the extended family! Welcome, Willem!! I so WISH I could see him soon, but thank goodness for modern technology, so we can see as much of him and you all, as possible! Can't wait for the next update!!

Karissa Hillukka said...

What a beautiful moment kristin. It truly brought tears to my eyes. What a little blessing you have now.. Congratulations, so many congratulations!

Karissa Hillukka said...

Joyce that is so sweet.. What a doll trena is!!

Karissa Hillukka said...

What a beautiful moment kristin. It truly brought tears to my eyes. What a little blessing you have now.. Congratulations, so many congratulations!

Darla said...

Oh my goodness, how wonderful to be able to already see him with you guys! I don't know how you could stand the wait! I was hyperventilating in anticipation of seeing the pictures!!! Oh, he is so precious...so adorable! I told Johan about him this morning, so when he saw the pictures he asked, "That my friend, Mom?" (I had told him that he is the same age as Willem and Willem will be his friend)... Wll, I had to chuckle thinking I was saving Johan's small clothes for him! The girls were laughing too..I bet he and Johan are about the same size! Do you have certain clothes that you are short on or do you still need some of everything? What is his size do you think? We need to get him some stuff before he gets home! Oh, I. Just in tears looking at your reunion!

Darla said...

Oh, btw, I had meant to order another bracelet rom you... I need one for myself. Let me know when you get back if you still have any!

Peggy and Karlo said...

I too have tears in my eyes after looking at these beautiful pictures. What an adorable boy! You have such a beautiful family! Very exciting time for all of you there. :)

Mike and Kathy Perry said...

SO happy to see Willem in your arms! Is that the orphanage doctor? We thought he was the director. He is the same person who handed us our Kimi last year in the same office! But that office looks a lot quieter than when we were there! Congratulations on your new little son!

Tonya M. said...

Kristin, he is so adorable! Congratulations on your new little boy.

Anonymous said...

What precious pictures! How fun to have Willem in the Hillukka family! Fun to read the updates and to see the pictures!

kristin said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! To all of you! He is perfect! I get tears too, even now. Yes, we have been blessed again.

Yes, Kathy, that is the doctor. The director is the big guy you will see in the next post.

Darla - thank you! I put size 2 jeans on him and they are very snug. Size 3 will not be too big. He's very chunky.

ok - On to the next blog as baby and babysitter are both napping.