Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bummed

I was just informed that I am not able to visit the orphanage while I'm there in province. The SWI offcials have said they are in the midst of moving to a new facility and will have a conference at the time I am there. This is what they told a family about 6 months ago, but one family has visited since then, so...

This is the same as with my first 2 adoptions. I asked, but was not able to visit. I know that some adoptive families have and some have not been able to visit at this one.  So I wonder what is the difference. I suppose there really are times that they are busier than others.

I will not argue it, but I will nicely ask again when I'm there. But now I know I probably will not be able to go.

3 comments:

Joni said...

I didn't realize that sometimes people get to visit the orphanage, and sometimes not. It would be so neat for you, if you could go there- give a snapshot into where your little guy is coming from! Did you get to visit M's orphanage when you went to adopt B? Oh, I hope they will reconsider!

kristin said...

Sometimes they will let you - depending on the orphanage and what's going on, etc. This one has been so open it seems. I've been following the group for this one for the better part of a year and several people have traveled and been able to visit. Only one other family was told no. I was surprised, actually.

Yes, when we went for B we did go to M's. It was not actually the one she was in as they had built a new one. But it was so much fun to go see the people and the atmosphere of where she had been. The people were so happy that we came back.

Darla said...

Hopefully they will give a different answer when you get there!