Monday, May 16, 2011

Passport Renewal Application

Ok - I had to do my passport and quickly because like Heidi from CHI told me, "You go get that passport girl, you are going to China!"

Today I got passport pictures taken at work.  We can have them done at work for free.  They even printed off some extra so that when it's time to get my visa I don't have to have pictures taken again.. 

I then ran to the post office on a late lunch from work to overnight my passport renewal application. I sent a nice letter along with it explaining that I am adopting a special needs child from China and asking if they could expedite my passport.  Well, of course I had to pay a fee too for expediting it, but thought maybe, just maybe if I sent a letter along too that they would expedite it a little bit quicker. Hey, it doesn't hurt to try, right? It says for an expedited passport it should take 2-3 weeks. I'm hoping that it doesn't take longer than that. 

So it's a wait now.  Which will I get first - the I-797 or the passport?  Wouldn't it be awesome if they both came on the same day?  These are my last 2 items I need to be able to certify and authenticate my documents and send them off to CHI to send to China!

Oh, and a fun little thing happened when I was at the post office.  I was intent on filling out the address on my overnight envelope and I heard someone say, "Well, Hi Kristin!"  And I look up to see the most wonderful lady that recently retired from managing the store in my place of work.  She is the sweetest person and I really miss seeing her in the store and chatting with her.  So I got to chat with her for a few minutes before I went back to work.  It just made my afternoon to see her.

1 comment:

Joni said...

Fun to follow the progress! I'm sure your passport will come quickly. :-)