Monday, May 23, 2011

I-797 ~ Yes!

I cannot believe it!  Today I received the long worked towards I-797!  It only took 11 days from the time the I-800A was mailed. Even after I got the email notice I still wasn't expecting it until 5/30.

The next step - I need to send all these very important papers that I've worked so hard to accumulate, to the state to be certified.  This step is just the state saying that the notarizations are indeed done by a certified notary. Hopefully I can have them mailed off to the state this week.  I should be able to do that. 

Right now I'm working with CHI to make sure the documents are all in order and correct.

2 comments:

Joni said...

Wow! Congratulations! I don't know exactly what all these mean, but just that this is important and exciting!

kristin said...

Thanks Joni! It is exciting! My paperwork (if everything continues to go well) should be on its way to China within 3 weeks. It's starting to feel like we really will get there to get our little prince.