Friday, May 13, 2011

Another Step ~ I-800A

Today I received my official original notarized homestudies in the mail from IAS.  Included in the packet was a copy of the front of the envelope showing that they had mailed my I-800A form to US CIS.  Now I will be waiting for my I-797 (Notice of Action) to arrive from US CIS.  I believe this is actually the document I am waiting for to include in my dossier.  This is also the document telling me that I can go be fingerprinted again. 

This evening I remembered that I also need to include a copy of my passport with my dossier and my passport has expired.  So I am going to get that in overnight mail on Monday to the passport office.  I will pay the extra fee to have it expedited.  It still takes 2-3 weeks to  process even if I expedite it, but it is a bit quicker.  I sure hope I don't have to wait on my dossier because of that. 

No comments: