Friday, December 23, 2011

Acceptance Confirmation

On 12/22 at 12:45 AM I received the following email from the USCIS lockbox in Texas.  The lockbox is the location where USCIS quickly reviews your Form I-800 application to make sure everything is in order before they send the application to the National Benefits Center (NBC) for approval.  They make sure there aren't any missing pages, unsigned sections of your application, or anything like that.

Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:45 AM
Subject: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation

Dear Applicant/Petitioner:
Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefit Center for processing. Within 7 - 10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number SIM12xxx. If you have any questions please contact the Hague Unit at (877) xxx.

The email tells me that they have sent it to the NBC, which means that my packet was in good order with nothing missing.   So now I'll be waiting for a Notice of Receipt in the mail stating my receipt date and my case number.  When I receive that I can email the USCIS to check on if there are any updates on my I-800 approval.  Most people have been receiving their I-800 approvals in 2 weeks from the time it is received into the lockbox.  With Christmas and New Year I'm sure mine will be longer.  But, this is one small step forward.  

2 comments:

Joni said...

Yes!! Good to hear - another step forward!

Darla said...

Yippee!!!