What a trip we’ve had so far. Well, I’ll start from the
beginning and try to blog from there.
On Thursday morning we left really early because there is
lots of road construction going on between home and the airport and I had a 2
hour trip to work on Monday. So we got to the airport very early. Got everything checked in and through
security just fine. One thing Brynlee had been nervous about on our trip was
that she might not get to sit by me on the plane. With how close to travel we
have to book flights of course the very first flight she ended up not by me.
When I got to the gate I asked and the nice lady said, “Oh, I’ve been watching
for you. I can get you 2 seats together.” That was nice. By then we were hungry
so had a bite of breakfast and waited and people watched til we could
board.
Waiting to board.
Our first plane.
Our first flight was to Seattle. It’s been many years since I’ve been out that
way. It was beautiful flying in there
seeing the mountains. We did not have a
lot of time between these flights but luckily there was another traveler that I
just happened to bump into that was flying the exact same flight as we were and
travels back and forth to China and back alot. So we ran along with him to the
train and then to the next gate. Didn’t
have to really wait there. Got to board
almost right away.
So that starts the longest flight. When you get on and you see that you have
over 12 hours of travel on one plane, it can get overwhelming. But it goes.
I did a lot of thinking about relaxing and enjoying this flight because
the one on the way home just may not be quite as relaxing. J Brynlee chattered to
me and we played games and tried to sleep.
We did sleep some. We didn’t have
anyone in the seat next to us so Brynlee got to lay down and try sleep that
way. All in all it was a good flight.
Our touch down point in China was Shanghai. So we had to go
through customs there and then pull our luggage and rescan that for the last
flight. We had a long layover so I knew
we didn’t have to hurry. It seems like I should remember all these steps as I
have done this before, but it gets fuzzy.
But it did come back and was very familiar feeling as I was going
through customs and then to baggage claim.
So we got through security and found our gate and had a long time to
spare. As we were sitting there in the gate area that was just crammed with
people I told Brynlee that we had just gone through hardest part of the trip to
China. The rest will be much easier.
Little did I know! While we were there waiting Brynlee found a lucky yuan and I’m
so glad she did, because I don’t think I could have taken much more than we
went through in the hours after that.
Another thought that comes is – a week before I traveled a
wonderful woman traveled to get her precious girl and a flight of hers was
cancelled in the US. By the time she
made it to China I was just in awe of her and what she went through to get
there. I thought, ‘What a strong woman
she is. I could not have done that!’ Well, I was about to be shown that I could
and I can. J I
did.
Well, I’m off to bed now and will post about the next part
soon.
1 comment:
Oh ... oh ... you're keeping us in suspense!! I just can't even begin to guess what your experiences were. Hope you have a chance to tell us soon. :) And then of course, will be looking forward to hearing and seeing your Bennett meeting! Hi to Brynlee!!
Post a Comment