On our way back from the orphanage we went to JunJun’s
finding place. For some reason his birth
family was not able to care for him and this is where he was placed by someone
to be found. This was a very busy and public place so that someone could find
him quickly. I did take pictures here,
but will not post them.
When we got back to the hotel we were all tired so I thought
we would take a nap. Bennett wanted nothing to do with that and got really
upset and cried and cried. He did let me
pick him up and cuddle him. I held him and rocked him and he finally fell
asleep in my arms. He napped for about an hour or so in my arms. It felt so good to be holding him close. I just couldn’t put him down.
Our hotel above.
Trees outside our hotel.
In the lobby of Lakeside Hotel
Loves to push buttons - all kinds of buttons. :)
Friday is the day we left for Guangzhou. We got up and ate our last breakfast in Fuzhou.
We then worked on packing and not a whole lot more. All four families that we were with in Fuzhou left for the airport at about the same time as we were all on the same flight. When we got to the airport, we found out that our flight was delayed 2 ½ or 3 hours. So we ate McDonald's and sat and walked and sat and walked and walked some more. It was finally time to fly! The flight went well until it was time to tighten the belt for landing. OH MY! Someone did not like that!! Bennett was one mad boy. He screamed for about 15-20 minutes. Wow!
Going in to breakfast
Many mornings we had something like this, plus fruit.
One of our favorite sections.
But we also saw things like this and chicken feet.
(Click on the picture)
We then worked on packing and not a whole lot more. All four families that we were with in Fuzhou left for the airport at about the same time as we were all on the same flight. When we got to the airport, we found out that our flight was delayed 2 ½ or 3 hours. So we ate McDonald's and sat and walked and sat and walked and walked some more. It was finally time to fly! The flight went well until it was time to tighten the belt for landing. OH MY! Someone did not like that!! Bennett was one mad boy. He screamed for about 15-20 minutes. Wow!
First McDonald's?
Brynlee's first McDonald's in China. She said it tasted pretty much the same.
Probably his first flight.
We landed and picked up our luggage and finally made it to
our hotel about 1:00 a.m. When I tucked
Bennett under the covers he woke up and gave me the biggest grin and just
curled up under the covers.
We had to be in the lobby by 8:30 on Saturday morning to
leave for Bennett’s medical appointment so I set my phone alarm and the alarm
in the room for 6:00. Well I woke up and
thought I better look at my phone just to see what time it is. It was 7:45! My
phone had died and the other alarm had not gone off. Lucky I had showered before I went to bed and
had all of our clothes ready. I’ve never
gotten ready so fast! We were down having breakfast less than 15 minutes later.
1 comment:
The kiddos are both adorable!! I'm sure you tasted the soup? :D
Post a Comment