Yesterday I mailed off my I-800A (Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country) form to IAS along with the fee. My homestudy is mostly done and is at CHI being checked. We are just waiting to hear back on my Adam Walsh fingerprints. These fingerprints must be run against the National Criminal Information Database (NCID). My prints rejected the first time and when I went back to be printed again, the officer told me I must be a hard worker :) as I have lots of cracks in my finger tips. I was informed this week that they rejected again and that after being rejected twice they will do a manual check on my criminal background. I'm not sure how long that takes.
After we receive approval on my Adam Walsh fingerprints, IAS can officially finish my homestudy. When that is done they can mail off my I-800A form to USCIS along with the approved homestudy and other supporting documents. Then we wait to receive the I-797 (Notice of Action). This is a document informing me of a time and place to go and have one more set of fingerprints taken (FBI). After this sent of fingerprints we wait for approval from USCIS and when we receive that we finally have all the documents we need for our dossier. When we have all the documents together we can certify and authenticate them all and off they go to CHI to send to China.
We are still several months I'm guessing before we are at the point that the dossier can be sent of to China, but chugging along slowly.
2 comments:
Kristin, we are sending off our 1800A application tomorrow because our HS is almost complete too!
I would love to see you in GZ!!!! So happy we are going through this process again together! :)
Hugs!
Sharon
www.ourfamilyourstory.com
I can only imagine what this process is really like- I guess you're used to it, but it probably seems so tedious every time! But, so worth it! Can't wait to hear what happens next ... !!
Post a Comment