Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Name For Our Little Guy

We have decided on a name for our little guy. We will name him Willem Ray Qiang.

Willem rhymes with kill em' (sorry - couldn't think of anything else rhyming:) and means 'strong-willed warrior'.

Ray - of course after Grandpa Ray. :)

Qiang (pronounced like she-ong) was named by orphanage officials with hope that he can have a firm will, strong body, and grow up bravely.

When I had a bit of time to breath after the rush of receiving his referral I looked at names real quick one evening and Willem just jumped out at me.  I liked the name and he just looked like a Willem to me.  I thought, "Well, I can't just name him that quick."  So I looked at name lists for hours and nothing else seemed to fit.  Oh, I liked other names, but he just didn't look like any of them.

Now when I type them here, Willem and Qiang just go together.  Naming Qiang they hoped he would have a firm will (strong-willed), strong body, and grow up bravely (warrior).  This just fits with name of Willem, meaning strong-willed warrior.

And so, we have a brother/son named Willem Ray Qiang!

3 comments:

Joni said...

So fun to hear the name you have chosen! A really nice name!!

Tonya M. said...

Cute! I can't wait till he's finally here...

Darla said...

What a perfect name!!! I love it! It does seem to fit him perfectly. It will be so fun to have another little nephew our little guy's age. :)