Sunday, February 14, 2010

How old...?

As I was sitting at the computer I heard Bee tell me, "Mom, I know how old this chair is." I said, "Oh, how old is the chair?" She told me, "It's at least 20 years old." I think it is about 20 years old, but was surprised that she knew it. So I asked her how she knew it was that old.


She told me, "I counted the rings and there are at least 20 rings so I know it's at least 20 years old." I still didn't quite understand, what rings? So I looked at the chair and she's right, there are at least 20 rings in the chair! :-)

1 comment:

Joni said...

Oh, she is so smart, that kummi-girl of mine! :-) And no, I don't mind .... it's actually only a little while ago I fiddled with it and made it so someone can read it. Let's see how it goes. A doesn't at all understand 'why', so I may end up deciding to put a password on it (tho' he's not sure it'd be very private anyway ...) But if I do, I'll let you know!