Today was our last day for the intensive. The play therapists worked on imaginative things with Meikiina. We talked about the results of the IQ retest. Once again Melissa was amazed. In the section they redid, Meikiina jumped 13 points, which Melissa said is unheard of. She said that experts would not even accept that - they say it is not possible to jump more than 10 points. Just the difference of the biofeedback before the test jumped her way up. She said by retaking this portion it put her in the normal range for the whole test. What I thought of was if after doing biofeedback, she jumped like this in her worst section, what would her score have been if she had taken the whole test after biofeedback. I think it would have been high. But this really proved my point that she has a really hard time testing for some reason. I think she is so anxious during a test that she just can't do it.
We also went over a lot of options and ideas of what we can do and what direction we can go in the future. I've made an appointment for her to have sensory integration dysfunction testing in September. That will be interesting because I have always thought that she may have sensory issues. I will also almost certainly buy a lights/sounds (biofeedback) machine. That is actually something we all can use. We also got info on how we can start to work with the school to help give Meikiina an environment that might make absorbing her learning easier for her.
In about 6 weeks we will get an intensive report from Melissa on her observations and opinions/diagnoses of Meikiina. It will be very interesting to see what she says in her report.
In our storytelling we took Meikiina's China photo albums and talked about coming to China to get her. This was a good way to end this because we talked about the fun memories of our China trip and how happy we are that we were so blessed to be able to become a family.
So now on with the rest of our life. I am sure we will still see Melissa. We will at least make a check-in appointment in several weeks to see if we are still on track. But I will continue to update on how and where we are going on this life journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment