Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Approval Update

Well, I called my super sweet US CIS case manager down in TX this morning. I started calling at 8:00 on the dot and finally got her at 8:15.  She hadn't even booted up her computer yet.  I told her the story and she pulled up my case and looked.  First she jokingly said, "What's the big deal? It's only a year different."  She then promptly corrected it and told me that it will be in the mail today USPS. She even pdf'd me a copy via email after I begged her. 

Last night I had emailed my agency and verified that I would need to have it corrected.  This morning I emailed the pdf to my agency and Heidi told me, "Look at you girl!  You moved the FEDERAL government - in one day!"

I don't actually have to have the I-797 document state sealed.  What is sealed by the state is a notarized paper stating that the I-797 is a true original.  So...tomorrow I believe I will drive to St. Paul and have them state seal that notarized document.  Then when the I-797 approval comes I can turn around and have it in the mail to Washington DC right away.  I also believe I will pay the extra $20 and have the 1 day turnaround at the Chinese consulate.

I hardly dare to say this, but I'm starting to believe I will be DTC in August!

No comments: