Wednesday, April 14, 2010

6 year update...

I got a call from Dr. Benson and he told me that Bee's lead level is down to 4!  Yaaaayyy!  When she came  from China in December 2005 it was at 32, in October 2008 it was at 9 and now it's down to 4.  It's been a long road to get there, but we did it. 

They also did a cholesteral test and that was at 149, which he said is great.

2 comments:

Joni said...

Great news! Does that mean she won't have to be tested anymore for the lead? ..... Makes me think - I should put my name on the waiting list and go have a physical sometime. Can't say when the last time is I had my cholesterol checked. Not smart considering our family history of heart issues and the fact that I've been overweight for a long time. Do you have your own checked regularly?

Will be fun to see another pic of Jia whenever you post the next time!!

kristin said...

He didn't say whether or not he would want to test for lead anymore. I'm guessing not. Per the state it has to be under 10 and it actually was last time. I think this time he just wanted to make sure it continued down and now will be ok with it.

I try to have a physical done every year to year and a half. The doc is pretty good about letting me know what all I need. I know the last time I was in it was checked.

For Bee I thought it was interesting that he checked. He said he likes to check at age 4 if he doesn't know family history. He didn't at 4 for her cuz she had other shots and stuff then.