Sunday, June 14, 2009

Parties, picnics, and bike rides...

June has been birthday parties, well only 2 so far, but...

My supervisor is of Japanese and Brazilian decent and we talk together about our kids a lot. Her son, Matteus turned 6 in June and she invited the girls to his birthday party on June 6th. He had his party at a place called 'My Gym' so of course the girls had a great time. It was organized play so it wasn't like they got to be too wild or anything, but they did have fun. Of course the pinata was a big hit too, well the candy in it. She was pleased that we came and Matteus loved the gift that Meikiina picked out for him. I can't ever remember what they are called, but little boys that age love them. No good pictures from this party. I took the camera, but both sets of batteries I had with died.

This weekend Meikiina was invited to a birthday party at Chucky Cheese for a neighbor boy. She rode over with her friend from across the street and her mom. She loves to go to Chucky Cheese, had a great time using up her tokens, and came home with a little prize that she was more than pleased with.

When she got home from Chucky Cheese we went to a FCC (Families with Children from China) picnic at the most fun park. It is always fun to get together with other families with Chinese children. The girls had fun playing with the other kids on the playground and then on a most fun looking slash pad. We didn't get there too early so didn't get to spend too much time with the other families, but it was fun anyway. The girls did not want to leave and we were there long after everyone else was gone.

Here Brynlee was hitting Meikiina as often as she could, but howled if Meikiina hit her!


She hates getting her face wet in the shower, but went under these buckets many times!

Brrrr..... So cold!

On Sunday we went bike riding, the girls and I. As we were biking past the lake, which was quite active with boats and jet skiis, Brynlee got real excited and said, "Look mom, there's someone ice skiing (water skiing) behind that boat. We stood there for quite awhile and watched the 'ice skiing' on the water. On our way home we went through the park and stopped to play for a bit, as we do quite often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness - now I see that I've been too busy with my classes, when I've missed so many updates on your blog! I looked at the pictures, and will come back really soon to read up - I'm so tired now (just finished my research paper I was working on when you came over today - it's just easiest to work on it when everyone's sleeping!), and I'm too tired to read and enjoy all the tidbits I know are in your blog! Fun pictures, tho' - I can say that already! And I'm going to start my own blog one of these days - I'll let you know when I do. What a great diary!!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea in the world how I'm signed in as 'Fine' ???????? Anyway, you recognize who is writing ... felt funny to leave it like that, anyway! Joni

Darla said...

Okay, now I think I'm almost caught up up to this point but still want to go back and get all the posts I missed when I didn't realize you were blogging again. So neat pictures. I finally got my garden here started yesterday. Now to beat the birds and rabbits and get some fencing up today or tomorrow.