Monday, June 22, 2009

Garden update

Here are a couple pictures of the garden. I don't know what happened with the peas and beans. About 1/3 of the row of peas did not come up. I noticed birds were really pecking away in it soon after we planted it and I am wondering if they pecked out a lot of seeds. We also planted 2 seeds in each hole and not one came up with 2 plants. Each place a plant came up, only one plant came up, not two. The beans were like that too. Gregg did replant some in each row, and a few new plants are coming, but still not as many as he planted. Hmmmm... Well, whatever comes up will be fun. We will learn each year. I am so happy that we got a garden started. Our other little garden does have watermelon plants just coming up today too. We should get a harvest as these watermelons said 70 days from planting to harvest. We'll see.

We did have to put wire around it as the rabbits were loving the pepper plants, and were nipping leaves off the first day after they were planted.



No comments: