Although she was anxious about it, Meikiina was excited all weekend to go back to see Jessica. She enjoyed her play time with her on Thursday. She kept on asking if she gets to play with Jessica again and I would tell her that I know for sure each time we go she will get to have play time.
Tonight while Meikiina was with Jessica, Gregg and I met with Melissa and talked about how the weekend went. I gave her a rundown of how the cuddle times had gone and how she was not receptive at all of a cuddle time at first, but was more and more receptive each one and by the end of the weekend she even seemed to enjoy it, although it kind of felt like she was feeling that she shouldn't let on to me that she enjoyed it.
We also talked about what we will do this evening in our group time. We decided to do more nurture time - talk alot of how we would have cared for her if she had been born to us. She was sitting with Gregg and he was talking to her and she was real stiff and not wanting to cuddle and I brought up Rascal. As soon as I started talking she sat up and moved over into my lap and cuddled down and just watched me. I started talking about how Rascal would have felt about us getting ready for our baby to be born if she had been born to us, how he would have acted as we were bringing things into the house to prepare for her arrival. I talked about how he would have acted when we would have brought her home and she was a tiny baby, how he would have stood on his hind legs and looked into the crib and mewed what a good baby she is. I talked about how he would have liked to be in the room that she was in when she was real tiny and how he would have followed her around as she started moving. She just loved that. Rascal was a big hit!
Being as I'm leaving by 6:00 in the morning and then won't be getting home til late I won't have much time to work with her during the week, but will do what I can. We got home about 9:30 and had homework. My most important homework today was to have cuddle time with Meikiina. So we did cuddle and I read to her, and sang to her, and I talked to her about how I would have done these things with her if she had been born to us. And now...on to the next one.
No comments:
Post a Comment