Sunday, October 07, 2007

A Fun Saturday and a 3 Year Old...

Well, I am going to try to get this going again and keep it up at least a bit. Yesterday we went to the Sherburne National Wildlife refuge. We had a fun day, except I ended up with a sinus headache. I guess that's not too uncommon, but I wish I knew what to do to get rid of them. I know I could stay inside and stay away from bonfires and such like that, but gosh what fun would life be then?

Anyway - some of the events of the fun day... When we got there we had to walk a ways from the car to where the main events were taking place and there were bees buzzing all around. We had bug spray, but of course left it in the car. For some reason bees are always really attracted to Brynlee and she got stung. The poor thing. It scared me, because she's never been stung and I didn't know how she would react to it. Of course, she cried very hard, but had a 'normal' swelling. After a half hour or so, she happily told me, "Mom, the bee sting is all gone." And it had pretty much cleared up, so that was good.

Both girls loved the reptile area. They were both very fascinated with the turtles and both petted one of the snakes. I asked them if they want to pet the snake and they both wanted to, albeit a little cautiously. Of course, Mama couldn't as she had to take pictures of the exciting first time event. I guess it wasn't so surprising as they've always really liked frogs and toads and will often catch them and put them in a little cage for a while and then let them go.


I am sure the highlite of everyone's day was what we saved for last - the horse drawn hayride. We did have to wait in line for a while, but it was worth it. After the ride we went to pet the horses and Meikiina loved that. Brynlee would have nothing to do with that, but that was ok. Brynlee must have really enjoyed her day, because on the way home I heard her say, "Now I'm sooo boring."

When we got home she saw the neighbor girl playing outside and told me, "Look P is playing with her hula-poolup." And she was. She was just hula-pooluping away in the driveway.

When Brynlee was going to sleep tonight I put her 'Lord's Prayer' book by her so she could look at that while I was doing something else and I heard her say, "Oh, who put my Lord's Parade (or sounded kind of like 'prade') book here?" She is trying to use very big words now and I love to hear it. Her big words often come out comical. Keeps me smiling.

1 comment:

Darla said...

I love all the pictures!!! I finally remembered to come on here when I can actually type! My baby is sleeping on my lap so both of my hands are free! :)