At the evening meal ~
Willem: Pooooor Mama (Mom laughs),
Willem: Pooooor Brynlee (Brynlee laughs),
Willem: Pooooor Meikiina
Mei: Pooooor Willem
Willem (with finger pointing): Don't tick-a me off!!
(3/16/13)
Willem points to picture of himself still at his orphanage in which
he's dressed in yellow and says, "Qiang?" I answer him, "Yes, that's Huai
Qiang." He says, "Not White
Qiang...yellow Qiang!" (March
2013)
I was looking at patterns for crocheted cardigans with Brynlee and
she was telling me which ones she liked. I clicked on one that happened to be a
swimsuit cover. In the same pattern was a bikini clad model. Willem points to
that model and says, "Wow! I like-a dat one!" (March 2013)
A Willemism or a Boyism? One
morning there was water leaking out from under the freezer. After investigating
it was found that the freezer (who's knob is right at 4 year old boy eye level) had been turned ALL the way off! Hmmm... I wonder
who did that! (4/6/13)
Then not a week later, Willem just happens to see a bright red crank
knob right at a 4 year old boy eye level in our utility room. Well, that knob
can't just be there for nothing. Oh, no. Knobs are meant for turning, aren't
they? Yes, he turned the gas off to the furnace. Luckily we happened to see
him do that. (4/12/13)
~~~~~~
And here's a random Brynleeism - I call Brynlee every morning before
she goes to school, and one morning she very excitedly told me that she knows
what she wants to be when she grows up.
Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
She: Guess!
Me: Hmmm...(several guesses)
She: No, no ... It starts with an 'S'.
Me: Several more guesses.
She: Several more no's
Me: Well, I just don't know.
She: A SPY!
Me: A spy. Well, that would be interesting. It could be a little
dangerous tho.
She: Yes, it could be. Like, when I'd be spying on someone in a hotel
that has really many floors. I'd have to be walking on those ledges way up there
and spying in their windows.
Me: Yes, that would be dangerous!
(April 2013)
2 comments:
Oh, kids are so great! Thanks for sharing!
Lol funny kids!
Post a Comment