Last night I finally got to order up a care package to send to Willem.
I was going to go shopping and pick some stuff out and mail it to his orphanage for him. But there are web site services out there where you can pick out a care package and it is sent for you. I have looked at these sites before and what I've seen in the past have been a bit expensive. But, I was referred to a website where the cost of the care package was probably less than if I would have gone and bought each item and then mailed it.
Besides being very reasonably priced, there are several other advantages of doing it this way versus doing it on my own. Ann, who purchases the items and puts the package together is from China. Before she mails the package she calls the orphanage to try get an update on size and also some pictures. She will then email whatever she gets to me. Fun! I have heard that this orphanage will almost always give an update. So crossing my fingers that I will get his updated size and maybe, just maybe some pictures. Another advantage is that Willem will get his package much quicker this way than if I mailed it on my own.
I picked a care package that contains pajamas, a soft blanket, and a toy for Willem. Then I added a book, and another soft cotton outfit to the package. Included in the package is a camera so they can take pictures of Willem at the orphanage, and candies that will be shared by nannies and the other kids. I also got to send a letter to the director/nannies to include in the package and this will be translated for me as part of the package.
When the package is ready to go Ann will email me pictures of what is included in the package. I will post those when I get them.
No comments:
Post a Comment