I could hear her downstairs telling Bee how she could help. She washed something and I could hear her instructing Bee on the art of drying it. I didn't know at the time what it was, but found out later it was the green plate*. I then heard her telling Bee that if she threw the orange peelings away she would tell mom that she helped too. At one point I heard something fall on the floor and she says, "Don't worry, that was not one of your sharp knives." She worked in the kitchen for over a half hour and I was seriously very curious to see her creation. Every once in a while she will do this and I love when she does and she knows that I love and appreciate it, which makes her want to do it for me. She has such a sweet heart.
When she was done she came up and escorted me down. I was so excited to see and she was so proud to present to me -
My dinner!
In the other dishes are, on the left and labeled by her, "Carrits with Rach Not a saldid" and on the right "Carrit salid." On the top right in a very special cup she found and washed is lemon water.
Also, when she was done preparing the area she had prepared in was all clean, there was no left over mess. As she was working I heard her telling G that she is cleaning up as she makes it, because, "When you bake you clean up, that's just the way it is."
What a special way to end my weekend.
*A very precious plate that was given by mom to aunt Elaine, which was then given to me. :-)
2 comments:
What a delightful girl she is! That was such a fun story, and so fun to see it in picture! You're doing well when she knows (and remembers) to clean up the mess as she goes along! We strive for the same - T made ginger snaps the other day (D helped), but they did not get everything cleaned up. It was late evening when we were eating the cookies, so I let it slide, but thought I'll remember to remind them before the baking next time that part of baking is the cleaning up as you go. I could say if he bakes someone else clean because we all enjoy it - but I believe I'll stick to 'if you bake, you also clean up'. That's also what I've been (trying to) teach!
Have a nice week!
WOW!!! So nice and so special! I love it when my girls make special meals for me too. That looks like something I've been served too. They like to arrange it all just so nicely. Cute pictures!!! I love the names they named their dishes! I don't think my kids have ever had names for theirs. :)
Post a Comment