I did not stay up til 1:00 last night reading, as that would not be a good thing to do when I have to work bright and early Monday morning. And then I did not sleep later than I should this morning because I just didn't want to get up for work. I love my job and would never arrive later than I should to work, just because I didn't want to go to sleep last night.
I did not rush home from work to work on a volunteer project that came home from kindergarten until the minute I had to walk out the door to just make it to my 8 year old's parent/teacher conference on time. I then did not come home to throw a load of clothes into the washer, feed the girls and go through their bedtime routine to get them into bed, check my 8 year old's homework, finish the volunteer project and put it into the kindergartener's backpack, only to look into her folder and see the homework we had not done together. I never miss homework, oh no, not me! I always have time to do the homework and make sure we get it done.
I did not wait til the girls were in bed before I ate the last ice cream sandwich. They love them too and that would have been so selfish of me. And it did not make me feel so much better after my nice calm and quiet evening!
..til next time.
2 comments:
This is a fun twist to writing about your day! So glad to hear you never, ever put your girls interest second to your own. We are so much alike!! :-)
Ok. How did I miss some of these...how! What a fun bonus to come back and read about 3 entries I haven't read yet! :)
Post a Comment