Thursday, May 07, 2009

Happy Forever Family Day...

Seven years ago today I became a mother. I received, that day, the most precious gift a woman can receive...a child. Seven years ago today my first precious daughter was placed into my arms. It seems a lifetime ago and still seems like only yesterday when I was holding her the very first time. Now Meikiina is almost to the end of 2nd grade in school and has grown in so many ways. She's still my baby, but she sure is growing up.

Today we had Chinese food for supper and lit our 'birth family' candle. My thoughts are often in China, but even more at these times. I think often of that first mother who did the only thing she knew to do to try help her baby have a chance at life. My heart is full of thanks to her for choosing life for her infant daughter. What a gift she has given us. When Meikiina blew out the special candle she folded her hands and closed her eyes and said, "Now I'm going to do my wish." She then opened her eyes and threw her hands up and out in the air and said, "There, I threw it all the way to China." I wonder what she wishes.

Sometime this weekend we will do her foot print. I have a footprint of her each year starting the day of her official adoption in China. She had such tiny feet. She wore size 0 shoes until she started walking at 16 months.

This day is always a thought filled day. It's such a bittersweet day. My heart just overflows with love for this precious child. I'm so happy on this day, but this day also bring sadness to my heart for a mother in China who is surely missing a little girl. I thank her often from the innermost place in my heart. My ultimate thanks, tho, of course goes to God for bringing the perfect child into my heart and my family from that land so far away.

I love you so much, Meikiina!
Your forever Mama


1 comment:

fleur de lis cottage said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your daughters are just precious. I can relate to the title of your blog...I'm a Tired Mama too :)