Saturday, July 17, 2010

Am I Smarter Than a 6 Year Old?

Today Bee is riding in the car with me and she is practicing saying the names of of two cute girls who are from Finland.  She was doing good, rolling the r's nicely and everything.  Then we had the following conversation.

Me: Did you know, those names are Finnish names. 
Bee: They are?
Me: Yes, the girls are from Finland, so they have Finnish names.
Bee: They're from Finland?
Me: Yes.
Bee:  Oh, do they speak Finnish?
Me:  They're from Finland, so yes, they do speak Finnish.
Bee:  Well, Mom!  I'm from China and I don't speak Chinese!

I had to tell her she had a good point.  Am I Smarter Than a 6 Year Old?  Hmm...I don't think so!

3 comments:

Darla said...

Well, well. They get younger and younger when they pass up their mamas in smartness! :)

Joni said...

... doing some blog catchup! What a delightful conversation!!!

Jean said...

Hi Kristin! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Your daughters are adorable!!

I love this post! It is so cute!!

What a perfect weekend it was in Duluth!! We had a great day with our girls!! Sounds like you enjoyed your time too!!

Blessings to you!!
Jean